We have so much going on that it can be difficult to manage our lives, much less do things for ourselves to feel better and be better day to day.
Taking care of your mind and body is a crucial aspect of living a happy life, being productive, and giving your family that it needs from you.
With all the things we have to deal with and the weight of responsibility on our shoulders, if we’re not careful, we can start doing things to sabotage our success and happiness. Little things creep in that keep us from living our best lives and being a positive influence on others.
The 3 biggest things we do to hurt ourselves.
- Complaining is stupid. It’s not fun and it’s a mental exercise in futility that just makes people around you feel bad. It’s a negativity virus.
- Making excuses is also a waste of time. The problem needs to get fixed, period.
- Comparing ourselves to others is the ultimate red herring. Nothing will steal your happiness faster than comparing yourself to someone else.
I’m not going to go too deep on these. Nothing about these three things should surprise anyone. Here’s the real question. When was the last time you did some self-reflection to see if you may be doing one of them?
Have you been feeling defeated, discouraged, or like you’re just spinning your wheels and nothing you do makes a difference? In many cases, those are signs that you’ve let negativity creep in and you’re missing the good stuff happening all around you.
Often we get into a pattern of behavior and we aren’t aware we’re doing anything any of these things. Much of the time we deal with the frustrations life presents us and we set ourselves up for failure or to avoid the appearance of failure. We forget that failure is just an opportunity to improve and get better by learning from the experience.
How do you get out of a negative rut? How do you keep yourself in a positive frame of mind as much as possible? Here are 3 things you can do that will not only help your mindset and attitude but work wonders on your health and overall lifestyle.
- Exercise will increase your body’s ability to handle stress. It helps your brain process and manage external stimulus better, and gives you the energy to function at a higher level for longer in a day. If you aren’t working out at least 3 – 5 days a week then you can make a significant improvement in your mental health by increasing your physical activity.
- Find a tribe that will give you the positive energy and accountability you need. Don’t hang out with miserable people. Hang out with people who will give you crap for being a grouch.
- Set a goal and work your butt off to accomplish it. It doesn’t matter what the goal is. It can be fitness, nutrition, sport, or paper mache related. Just go do the work to accomplish something and have success in your life. The effort of working towards a goal is, by definition, empowering and creates positivity and a growth mindset in you and those around you.
Yes, we want you to get in shape and eat right. Yes, we want you to live a long life and be strong through it. What good does any of that do if you’re unhappy, and stuck in a negative mindset most of the time? What we do helps people achieve physical freedom and mental health. That’s what makes a lifelong difference.
Come by and find out how we can help you live your best life. https://echealthandfitness.com/no-sweat-intro