Do you feel exhausted by the time you get home from work? How’s your sleep each night, good, great, or do you stare at the ceiling for an hour before you drift off?
Energy. Many of us wish we had more. We don’t feel like doing thing because we’re tired. We get down on ourselves because we don’t do as much fun stuff like we did when we were younger. We blame it on stress, work, schedule, or any number of other things.
What if you had more energy? What would be different in your life if you could go all day without feeling like you needed a nap. How much more could you get done? What amount of fun things could you do? How much more enjoyable would your daily interactions be?
What is energy?
When we say we wish we had more energy, what does that mean? Most people feel a lack of energy for two reasons.
- Fuel deficiency
- In-efficient fuel consumption
How we fuel ourselves is super important to what our bodies use to provide us with the energy to get through the day. Fuel deficiency can be caused by a lack of fuel, or improper fuel.
If you put leaded or diesel fuel in your unleaded gas tank, how well is your car going to run? If you put low grade unleaded fuel in a sports car how well is that car going to perform?
Our bodies are the same. Here are 3 mistakes we see many people make.
- Not eating enough. Your body is a machine. Feed it. If you starve yourself you are depriving the machine of fuel.
- Eating crap. Eat real food. If it comes in a box or has ingredients other than what the name of the food is, it’s probably crap.
- Dieting. 3 weeks of this, a shake for that, cabbage soup for a month, “going low carb”, etc,… Don’t diet. Find a healthy balance of food intake and live your life.
In-efficient Fuel Consumption
Going back to the car analogy, how well does a car run with a dirty air and oil filter? If there is no air in the tires, and the transmission fluid is low, what happens? Not only does the car have less power, but it’s fuel economy goes south.
The way you should maintain a car is the same way you should maintain your body. Everything your body does uses fuel. The amount of energy you have throughout the day is a direct result of how well your body processes that fuel.
If your muscles aren’t developed, if your lung capacity and ability to convert oxygen is poor, if you don’t have the flexibility to move your body properly, it all results in poor energy levels and an inability to maintain yourself all day long.
Poor fitness uses fuel faster, and gets less benefit from the fuel it does use.
3 Things you can do to improve your fuel consumption
- Find a good mechanic. Talk to a professional about how to fix your nutrition and fitness
- Start a fitness routine. Improve and clean up the engine.
- Get more sleep. Letting your body recover is one of the easiest ways to enhance the way your body works. Also, it’s free.
We’ve made available a 5 step guide that you can use to find a program that can help you make all these improvements. Go here to DOWNLOAD it now.