GOOD COACHING MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
“Ellicott CIty Health and Fitness is truly a welcoming and supportive atmosphere with a great community of humble athletes. The owners and coaching staff are amazing, they are extremely knowledgeable and are genuinely concerned about the safety and well being of each member.“
Our Coaches have 3 main goals for every member at Ellicott CIty Health and Fitness.
1. Train Safely – You will never be asked to do something that is unsafe or severely beyond your capabilities. We firmly believe that the best training happens when you can actually train. If you are hurt, then you are not training.
2. Train Correctly – We also believe that technique = efficiency. We will instruct you in the proper way to perform an exercise and we will make sure you know how to continue doing it properly. If you need to perform a movement without any weight due to a flexibility or strength issue, it’s not a problem. We will work with you until you can do it effortlessly.
3. Train as Hard as needed– You are coming to a gym because you have a goal you want to accomplish. We know that sometimes that goal can seem far off and it may be hard to put the effort in to get there. Our coaches are there to help push you. We want you to get to your goals just as bad as you do, sometimes more. We do this because we get satisfaction out of helping our members succeed.
Eric Cole - COACH
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
Eric Cole is a CrossFit Level 2 Trainer. He has been a teacher and coach for the past 20 years; coaching middle school through college lacrosse. Eric’s CrossFit journey began 6 years ago and he is excited to be combining his passion for fitness, teaching, and coaching at Ellicott CIty Health and Fitness.
Nichole Ruppel- COACH
- Crossfit Level 1 Trainer
- Certified Pre/Post Natal Trainer
- BrandX Method Trainer
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training
- Licensed Athletic Trainer
Nichole Ruppel graduated in 2008, from Towson University with a Bachelors of Science, majoring in Athletic Training. As a certified and licensed Athletic Trainer she worked with various athletic levels to include youth, high school and Division III and Division I athletes. In early 2015, her and her husband had their first child which influenced her decision to pursue a career in fitness. Nichole is a CrossFit L1 Trainer and a BrandX Method Trainer.
MIchael Topaltzas - COACH
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
Michael graduated from Virginia Tech with a degree in Mechanical engineering. He works as a structural analysist for Northrop Grumman. Michael started training CrossFit in his freshman year of college, and was immediately hooked. After training for a couple years, he became interested in coaching. He become a coach because he wanted to teach people how to live healthy lives. He has seen the results and lifestyle CrossFit has given many people, and wants to share that with others through coaching.
WE KNOW YOU WANT IT!TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE; TO BE HEALTHIER, HAPPIER, AND MORE FIT!
Whether you're looking for CrossFit, Bootcamp, Personal Training, or Nutrition Counseling in Ellicott City, or Howard County, we can help with that! Come in and meet with our knowledgeable and caring staff and let us talk to you about how we can help you meet your goals and have fun doing it.